[Gambas-user] Show stopper

Peter Lang massenpost at ...1093...
Thu Oct 20 00:10:28 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 19 October 2005 20:38, Scott wrote:
> Sadly enough,
>
>     it seems that any Gambas after the v1.0.3 is not compatible with
> Ubuntu or Kubuntu v5.10.  I started checking to see what dependencies
> where missing from the Linex repository, so I could find them myself,
> and found out that to install some of them I would need to uninstall my
> desktop.  I had version 1.9.20 running on my computer when I have v5.04
> of Ubuntu & KUbuntu, so it is good with that version, but not with the
> newer version.
>
>     This is very sad as I liked Gambas and now I am going to need to
> learn a new programming language.

Searching for the right dependencies on the linex packages won't lead to
success, i think. Debian Sid is undergoing large chages this time.
Try to compile gambas an you will succeed. The needed libaries are mentioned
on my website, the packagenames are from debian sarge, you just have to
search for the right package on kubuntu and you'r on the right way, it's
really easy just as gambas itself.

Peter
--
http://learn.to/quote