[Gambas-user] Show stopper

Scott sclewin at ...1126...
Thu Oct 20 02:11:26 CEST 2005

Peter Lang wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 October 2005 20:38, Scott wrote:
>
>> Sadly enough,
>>
>>     it seems that any Gambas after the v1.0.3 is not compatible with
>> Ubuntu or Kubuntu v5.10.  I started checking to see what dependencies
>> where missing from the Linex repository, so I could find them myself,
>> and found out that to install some of them I would need to uninstall my
>> desktop.  I had version 1.9.20 running on my computer when I have v5.04
>> of Ubuntu & KUbuntu, so it is good with that version, but not with the
>> newer version.
>>
>>     This is very sad as I liked Gambas and now I am going to need to
>> learn a new programming language.
>>

> Try to compile gambas an you will succeed.
I tried to compile both the newest version 1, version 1.9.18, and
1.9.20  and got the same error.

checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details.

It seems there is something wrong with the cpp package I have.  I went
and installed every cpp package I can find.  I also went to your web
page, thank you, and installed every package listed.  I simply don't
seem to be having any luck, but thank you greatly for your help.

--
Your friend,
Scott

http://www.bmts.com/~sclewin

"No one is good at everything, but everyone is good at something"