[Gambas-user] Show stopper

Peter Lang massenpost at ...1093...
Wed Oct 19 19:11:48 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 19 October 2005 17:47, Scott wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I am getting very annoyed with this.  It seems that v1.0.3 has a
> serious flaw where global variables are not possible, you can only make
> local ones using dim.  To make things worse the Repository on the Gambas
> site for Debian based systems does not have all the dependencies, so it
> is not possible for anyone to get version two that uses a Debian based
> system.
>
>     Can anyone help me?  Does anyone know a repository that has debs for
> a newer version 1 or a version 2 that works?  Can anyone give me very
> easy instructions to install from the source provided on the Gambas
> site; I am still new to Linux and have not compiled anything before.

Hi Scott,

you can use my personal repository, but it's not garantied to work always, its
my first selfmade Debianpackage.
But until there are new "working" packages on linex you can use it.
Just put this in your /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://www.plasoft.de/debian/ /

Alternativly, if you want to compile gambas, you can look at my website, it's
really easy.

www.peter-lang.com
-> Online Brain->Linux-> Compiling Gambas

This is a personal Mail (not to the List), because i dont want my repository
in a public Mailinglist.

Greetings from Germany
Peter
--