[Gambas-user] Gambas.org is $2900 and climbing

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Mar 7 03:13:06 CET 2005

On Sunday 06 March 2005 20:47, Neil Fallon wrote:
> Actually, if a complaint about this was sent to InterNic and
> request for them to take the name and give it to the owners of
> Gambas, the legitimate Gambas owner could just take control of the
> name after a hearing.

Well, Gambas is actually a fairly common word in Spanish and Portugese
(and I think French as well), and while there is one American
trademark on the name (in a totally unrelated field), it's not held
by any of us.  The previous owners might have a go at it, if they
still care, but I'm afraid we wouldn't have much luck.

Rob