[Gambas-user] Newbie alert

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Mar 2 16:04:27 CET 2005

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 21:04, Mike wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First, kudo's to all working on the project! Gambas has become my
> favorite app now.
>
> Benoit, I was at Fosdem and enjoyed the presentation a lot.

Thanks. Not there the fact the presentation length was exactly the requested
length (about 50 minutes) is totally a miracle :-)

> Working on my first project....(don't know OOP yet...)
> I have 2 forms, a 'parameter' form ('FracParam') and an 'output' form
> ('FracMain')
> One of the parameters would determine the size of the output form
> (Height and Width)
> I already found out that you can't just say FracMain.Height = 400 in the
> FracParam class file
> Apparently one has to create a method.
> So i created a method called setWinDim in the FracMain-class which takes
> 2 parameters, $x and $y and I call this from within FracParam
>
> PUBLIC SUB setWinDim($x AS Integer, $y AS Integer)
>
>   ME.Width = $x
>   ME.Height = $y
>
>   PRINT "set"; $x; ME.Width
>   PRINT "set"; $y; ME.Height
> END
>
> Although $x and $y have the correct content, ME.Width (or
> FracMain.Width) and .Height remains unchanged (as witnessed in the print
> statement...).
> What am I doing wrong?

Forms by default are not resizable. Did you set the form Border property to
"Resizable" ?

Anyway, there is a Resize method that does what you need :-)

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...