[Gambas-user] Newbie alert

Mike vilain at ...533...
Tue Mar 1 21:04:24 CET 2005

Hi,

First, kudo's to all working on the project! Gambas has become my
favorite app now.

Benoit, I was at Fosdem and enjoyed the presentation a lot.

Working on my first project....(don't know OOP yet...)
I have 2 forms, a 'parameter' form ('FracParam') and an 'output' form
('FracMain')
One of the parameters would determine the size of the output form
(Height and Width)
I already found out that you can't just say FracMain.Height = 400 in the
FracParam class file
Apparently one has to create a method.
So i created a method called setWinDim in the FracMain-class which takes
2 parameters, $x and $y and I call this from within FracParam

PUBLIC SUB setWinDim($x AS Integer, $y AS Integer)

  ME.Width = $x
  ME.Height = $y

  PRINT "set"; $x; ME.Width
  PRINT "set"; $y; ME.Height
END

Although $x and $y have the correct content, ME.Width (or
FracMain.Width) and .Height remains unchanged (as witnessed in the print
statement...).
What am I doing wrong?