[Gambas-user] free <-> commercial software

Daniel Campos danielcampos at ...282...
Sat Jul 23 16:37:05 CEST 2005

Well, at this moment, if your program is not free software:

1) If you use gb.qt <-> pay a commercial license from TrollTech (
http://www.trolltech.com )
2) If you use gb.db.mysql <-> pay a commercial license from MySql (I
suppose http://www.mysql.com is the right place)

I don't know if Benoît has plans to create a commercial Gambas
distribution,in that case I suppose
he should also contact with Trolltech and MySQL , in order to get
commercial licenses :-)

So you can already use Gambas for that pourpose, it just is not
centralized,  so you have not to pay to Trolltech
if you use gb.gtk, and you have not to pay to MySQL if you use Postgres,
for example.

However, except in very special cases, propietary software is not the
answer for both costumers and vendors. Rob
write the programs under GPL, and their costumers are satisfied.

Regards,

D. Campos