[Gambas-user] free <-> commercial software

Øystein Selbekk oystein at ...816...
Sat Jul 23 16:22:05 CEST 2005

I just read an interesting discussion here about using Gambas and QT for commercial purposes. I acknowled the fact that people that makes free software does not like the idea that someone else use their work to earn money. I own a software company that makes and sell commercial software. I suspect that many of the user of gambas is also working at such places.
I have played a while with gambas and i am VERY impressed at what you guys have accomplished so far.
Question: What should i do if i want to make commercial software with Gambas? I am for instance willing to pay for a license to use gambas for commercial purposes. I would also be willing to pay for support.
Wouldnt it be a good idea to do something like MySQL AB has done for many years.... They charge for commercial use and support....

Just an idea........ ;-)

Oystein Selbekk