[Gambas-user] Here you go: ImportVBProject

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Feb 1 12:16:31 CET 2005

On Friday 28 January 2005 05:03, Rob wrote:
> OK, I always said once gambas had a pcre component I could port
> frm2form over to Gambas.  I have now done that, and while I was
> at it, I made it so you can import an entire project (.vbp file
> plus .frm files) all at once into a new Gambas project, and
> integrated a little bit of .frx decoding.
>
> You need the last version of my pcre component, which I posted on
> Tuesday on gambas-devel.  Also...
>
> IT WILL NOT TRANSLATE ANY CODE, JUST THE FORM DESIGNS.
>
> Once more for my fellow Americans:
>
> NO CODE WILL BE TRANSLATED.  YOU HAVE TO DO THAT YOURSELF.
>
> Here's the changelog, to give you an idea of what it does....
>
> 0.0.7 - 2005-01-27
> - First public release.
> - Imports forms into existing projects.
> - Also imports entire projects.
> - Converts NO CODE, only form designs. Code is copied over
>   and commented out.
> - Not all properties of all controls are supported.
> - Unknown controls are converted to PictureBox as in VB.
> - Attempts to convert user-created controls (.ctl) as forms.
> - Generates code in Form_Open to fake VB's control array feature.
> - Attempts to extract graphics from .frx files.
> - If netpbm and ImageMagick are installed, converts extracted
>   .ico files to .png files.
> - If you have trouble compiling the resulting project, open each
>   converted form, move it a little to mark it as dirty, and save
>   it again.  Trust me on this :-)
>

> Bug reports please!
>
> Rob

Is it possible to have a version to include in the IDE. Or to add it as a
external program like the database manager. It will receive the project path
as argument.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...