[Gambas-user] Re: Multiple questions from a new user.

Gregg gregg at ...50...
Tue Sep 28 21:38:51 CEST 2004

>> 4) Will there ever be global variables (without the hack described in
>> the
>> VB differences page?)
>
> This is not a hack: global variables are one of the horrible things of VB.
> So
> the answer is never :-)

Ok, so I can live with that, even though I really like having things
available globally from a module.

>> vb
>> code over to gambas has been the array handling.  Is there any chance at
>> somehow getting that in the vb compatibility code? (again, not the
>> biggest
>> deal but it would cut down on about half of my porting issues.)
>
> What do you mean by array handling ? REDIM, UBOUND, LBOUND... ?

Well yeah, I wouldnt mind having those functionalities supported.  But I
mean the entire array thing.  Its completely different in gambas, with the
dims having things like Integer[], and having to .add everything.  I just
have a lot of code, and have seen a lot of code, that would be nice if it
was ported but they all make extensive use of arrays and that will be the
biggest hurdle, just spending hours and hours redoing how arrays work, and
redoing all the code that used those arrays to use them the new way.

Gregg