[Gambas-user] Re: Multiple questions from a new user.

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Sep 28 13:23:34 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 05:09, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > 5) Has anyone thought about writing a scanner that would
> > scan vb code for all the places that it wouldnt be
> > compatible?  This would make porting applications to gambas
> > a lot easier.  Instead of having to edit, compile, edit,
> > compile...  (not needed, but would be nice)
>
> This is good idea - Any volunteer ?

I will probably try this after I have my pcre component working.
As of last night, at least it compiles :)  but doesn't do
anything useful yet and segv's a lot.  The curious can track its
progress (I am not working on it every day, but throwing a
tarball up when I do) in http://www.kudla.org/rpm/.

> I think than a Gambas program that would scan VB code could
> easily replace the VB instructions by Gambas method calls.

Yeah, that would be part 2 after I get the form conversion part
perfected...

Rob