[Gambas-user] how to copy a project ?

ron ronstk at ...239...
Sun Sep 19 17:20:49 CEST 2004

On Sunday 19 September 2004 08:32, Primorec wrote:
> Hi gambas gurus
>
> I've built gambas 0.99 on REDHAT 8.  It seems to work (at least it starts :))
>
> I can  A) start gambas and  B) create new project
>
> OR
>
> I can start gambas and open/load examples. When I do this I get a
> message "This project is read ony". No, this message is not a
> surprise.  "gambas" is installed in /opt. All examples are installed
> in the same /opt directory. Owner of all examples is "root". I've
> started examples from GUI  as a "regular" user thus the message.
>
> BUT
>
> When I start a new project and select through GUI wizard  "Copy an
> existing project" as my starting project a new window pops up. So far
> so good. After few clicks I am in
> /opt/gambas/share/gambas/examples/Basic. There I highlight project
> "Blights" and click "Next". All I get on the screen is the message
> "Can not find this project".
>
> What am I doing wrong ?

Despite your not the owner as root you can select it.
That is what you do wrong, selecting not you property :)

Gambas can't however read it while the active user is you.
It may not access the directory name, no right for.
The message is strictly right but misleading in the context
it occurs, you could select it without having th right.

> TIA
>
> Igor
>
> P.S. Disclaimer:
> This is the first time I am trying to do anything with BASIC or any
> other language which is not UNIX shell scripting or VHDL/Verilog/Perl.
> I am almost 100% sure I am doing something fundamentally wrong....
> unfortunately, I can not find out what I am doing wrong.

You could change the whole gambas tree to group 'users' or
give the whole tree read,write,execute access for everyone or
the best one,
make a gambas directory in you home directory and copy the
example tree to a bambas directory in your home directory
Re-assign the rights to user 'your_name' and group 'your_group'.
doing this as root. to prevent conflicts.