[Gambas-user] how to copy a project ?

Primorec igor.furlan at ...626...
Sun Sep 19 08:32:06 CEST 2004

Hi gambas gurus

I've built gambas 0.99 on REDHAT 8.  It seems to work (at least it starts :))

I can  A) start gambas and  B) create new project

OR

I can start gambas and open/load examples. When I do this I get a
message "This project is read ony". No, this message is not a
surprise.  "gambas" is installed in /opt. All examples are installed
in the same /opt directory. Owner of all examples is "root". I've
started examples from GUI  as a "regular" user thus the message.

BUT

When I start a new project and select through GUI wizard  "Copy an
existing project" as my starting project a new window pops up. So far
so good. After few clicks I am in
/opt/gambas/share/gambas/examples/Basic. There I highlight project
"Blights" and click "Next". All I get on the screen is the message
"Can not find this project".

What am I doing wrong ?

TIA

Igor

P.S. Disclaimer:
This is the first time I am trying to do anything with BASIC or any
other language which is not UNIX shell scripting or VHDL/Verilog/Perl.
I am almost 100% sure I am doing something fundamentally wrong....
unfortunately, I can not find out what I am doing wrong.