[Gambas-user] how to copy a project ?

Primorec igor.furlan at ...626...
Sun Sep 19 21:02:20 CEST 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 17:20:49 +0200, ron <ronstk at ...239...> wrote:
> On Sunday 19 September 2004 08:32, Primorec wrote:
> > Hi gambas gurus

[snip] [snip]

> > After few clicks I am in
> > /opt/gambas/share/gambas/examples/Basic. There I highlight project
> > "Blights" and click "Next". All I get on the screen is the message
> > "Can not find this project".
> >
> > What am I doing wrong ?
>
> Despite your not the owner as root you can select it.
> That is what you do wrong, selecting not you property :)

nope  that was not the problem. In other words, I've found the root
cause for this strange behavior. So, here it goes:

User should NOT select the project on the RIGHT side of the
file/project explorer/selector (or whatever you want to call the
selection window). User should select the project on the LEFT side of
that window and everything works flawlessly by traversing the
directory tree from "/" down to desired project and clicking on "+".
Once the user is on the right spot, he/she should highlight the
project and click on "Next". That's it.  The world is bright and shiny
again.

> Gambas can't however read it while the active user is you.
> It may not access the directory name, no right for.
> The message is strictly right but misleading in the context
> it occurs, you could select it without having th right.

nope... see above

> > P.S. Disclaimer:

> > I am almost 100% sure I am doing something fundamentally wrong....
> > unfortunately, I can not find out what I am doing wrong.
>
> You could change the whole gambas tree to group 'users' or
> give the whole tree read,write,execute access for everyone or
> the best one,
> make a gambas directory in you home directory and copy the
> example tree to a bambas directory in your home directory
> Re-assign the rights to user 'your_name' and group 'your_group'.
> doing this as root. to prevent conflicts.

Nope  it did not help. I've followed your advice to the letter. If I
select project on the RIGHT side of the window, IT DOES NOT work....
but, if I select the project on the LEFT side ---> everything is OK.
In other words, DO NOT traverse the tree on the RIGHT side with double
click.

For me, as a newbie, this is a little bit not logical and annoying.
Project selection should work on the LEFT and the RIGHT side in the
same way. Is this QT problem (aka QT widget behavior )? Could it be
fixed in gambas by calling QT widget (file selector) with different
parameters ?