[Gambas-user] How to use the scrollview control?

ron ronstk at ...239...
Sat Sep 18 21:25:19 CEST 2004

On Saturday 18 September 2004 19:32, francesco.difusco at ...69... wrote:

> > Play a bit more with that example.
> > Add a ScrollView extra to see how it works.
> > if you after that understand how you can use it,
> > the knowledge collected kan help in your project.
>
> I am getting crazy about it, I have been looking for the code inside out, all
> the properties, but nothing. SOmething strange happens when I do
>
> INC Scrollview1.ScrollY
> Y=Scrollview1.ScrollY

Ok this sounds better.

What is the purpose of
  INC Scrollview1.ScrollY

In the help:
  INC
  INC Variable
  Increments a variable. Variable can be any target of an assignment, but must be numeric.

You try her to increment 'Scrollview1.ScrollY'
Nice if it could but it's not posible.

Do you understand 'Variable can be any target of an assignment' ?

An assignment is something like ' mystring = "mytextforstring"
Here it should nummeric like 'myinterger = 123'
Despite Scrollview1.ScrollY is a target, it is not an assignmetnt in that way.

 Scrollview1.ScrollY = Scrollview1.ScrollY + 1

should work.

Event if it looks simple, sometimes it is not behave like other languages.

Ron