[Gambas-user] How to use the scrollview control?

francesco.difusco@libero.it francesco.difusco at ...69...
Sun Sep 19 08:59:40 CEST 2004

> > I am getting crazy about it, I have been looking for the code inside out, all
> > the properties, but nothing. SOmething strange happens when I do
> >
> > INC Scrollview1.ScrollY
> > Y=Scrollview1.ScrollY
> >

> Ok this sounds better.
>
> What is the purpose of
>   INC Scrollview1.ScrollY
>
> In the help:
>   INC
>   INC Variable
>   Increments a variable. Variable can be any target of an assignment, but must
be numeric.

> You try her to increment 'Scrollview1.ScrollY'
> Nice if it could but it's not posible.

Well, I have taken it from tha DataReportExample, from the FABout form:

PUBLIC SUB timAuthor_Timer()
  DIM Y AS Integer
  Y = svwAuthor.ScrollY
  INC svwAuthor.ScrollY
  IF Y = svwAuthor.ScrollY THEN svwAuthor.ScrollY = 0
END

> Do you understand 'Variable can be any target of an assignment' ?
Yes, I do.

> An assignment is something like ' mystring = "mytextforstring"
> Here it should nummeric like 'myinterger = 123'
> Despite Scrollview1.ScrollY is a target, it is not an assignmetnt in that way.
>
>  Scrollview1.ScrollY = Scrollview1.ScrollY + 1
>
> should work.

It is the same I believe, but neither INC  Scrollview1.ScrollY nor the istructions

Y=Scrollview1.ScrollY
INC Y
Scrollview1.ScrollY=Y

nor

Scrollview1.ScrollY=Scrollview1.ScrollY+1

work

Scrollview1.ScrollY is always set to zero.

Francesco