[Gambas-user] RC1 running, but screen geometry probs

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Oct 27 10:46:29 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 16:45, Eilert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded RC1 and it compiled and installed without problems.
>
> However, when I start Gambas, the windows of the GUI show in randomly
> order and at random places and sizes somewhere on the screen. When I
> start one of my apps I did before from the IDE, the first window
> sometimes has the same geometry as the tool collection window of the
> IDE, sometimes just appears somewhere, sometimes even on another screen.
>
> I have two apps which were "compiled" and run on the same machine from
> 0.99 before, these still run as expected. For instance, the Me.Width and
> Me.Center run as they should on these programs, windows appear at the
> right places, but not if I open the projects and let them run under the
> IDE of RC1.
>
> Any hints?
>
> Rolf

Which window manager do you use ?

Most window managers don't let the application freely choose the position and
or size of its windows. On KDE, I set the the following option in the control
center: Window behaviour -> Moving -> Placement = Random.

I will investigate this problem further.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...