[Gambas-user] Confused windows in IDE

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Fri Nov 12 10:41:37 CET 2004

Hi Benoit,

just found some weird thing:

There are 2 different Gambas branches in the /opt/gambas directory here,
one is of May the other one is of November, so obviously one version was
installed on top of the other...

Might that be a reason for the confusion of windows? I cannot try to
clean it up now because currently a class is working with my typewriting
app (yes, it's working, Gambas is great :-) ) but I could try later.

So if you read this soon, just give me a quick answer. For my own part,
I don't believe it's confusing things because it only appears on my KDE
and on no other. It seems to be an override of windows' prefs within KDE
rather than a Gambas bug, but it only affects Gambas windows.

Anyway, here's what the gambas directory has:

/opt/gambas contains bin, include, lib and share

bin has a number of binaries dating November, but there's a binary
"Util" which dates May

include contains a "gambas.h" dated May

lib contains an /info directory and lots of .so files dated May, and
there is a subdirectory called gambas living here dated November
containing just the same so-files dating November.

share contains /samples dated May with samples all dated May, a /help
directory dating May and (you guess...) a /gambas directory dating
November with the complete branch dating November (examples, help and info).

The symlink in /usr/bin points to /opt/gambas/bin/gbx, i. e. the
November binary, and it shows 0.99 RC1 when coming up.

Rolf