[Gambas-user] Terminal project net component events don't fire

Ronan Chilvers ronan at ...384...
Fri Nov 12 14:57:02 CET 2004

Hi folks

Been playing with writing some terminal programs that use the gb.net
component.  However the events for the socket don't seem to fire.

Example from new empty terminal project with 1 module:-

PUBLIC mySock AS Socket

PUBLIC SUB Main()

   mySock = NEW Socket

   PRINT "Going to connect"
   mySock.Connect("192.168.100.18",25)

END

PUBLIC SUB mySock_Ready()

   print("Connected")
   CLOSE mySock

END

Running this module makes the connection (I can see it in the mail
server logs) but the mySock_Ready event never fires.  Am I doing it
wrong ?  In a more complete program none of the other socket events fire
either.

I'm using the RC2 rpms from Rob Kudla's site (not the ones Benoit
recently did, the original kudla RC2 ones).

Any clues ?

Cheers

Ronan