[Gambas-user] Installing on Debian/Knoppix 3.4

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon May 17 09:47:44 CEST 2004

On Monday 17 May 2004 03:52, locke demosthenes wrote:
> I installed Knoppix 3.4 to my hard drive, which is a
> really fast way to get a full debian unstable install
> on your hard drive in under half an hour (no setting
> up packages and such).  I then proceeded to compile
> gambas.  under make, it would halt part way through
> when trying to execute "moc".  I later found moc in
> /usr/share/qt3/bin.  After copying this to /usr/bin,
> the make worked great.  I e-mailed the author, but I'm
> just wondering, where is the best place to post this,
> and does it effect normal Debian installs?  If it
> effects other Debian installs, it might be a good idea
> to update the script to check both locations.
>                                             --Dan

I modified the script so that it searched for moc in /usr/share/qt*/bin too.

But I don't understand why they put an executable in /usr/share, as I
thought /usr/share should only include architecture-independant files!

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...