[Gambas-user] Shell problem with gambas 0.91 and mdk9.2

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Mar 22 22:29:24 CET 2004

On Friday 19 March 2004 12:54, Luke Cliff wrote:
> Hello Gambas,
>              I've had a bad few days here, I just had sent up the new
> mandrake 10 community edition, I love the new looks, and stuff, even the
> support for a "real bought one remote", except that my CD-RW no longer
> works, and I have no access to the temperature sensors for my lovely
> gambas storm watcher.....so I'm going home to mdk9.2
> ///when I did arrive home and the front door welcoming me home, I
> installed gambas 0.91... everything was fine until I sat down for the
> night and ordered gambas to play some "easy listening".....tried out my
> remote control...Bang, back to attendance.
> the code>
>
> sub PlayMe()
>
> Dim App as Object
> App = Application[""]
> ThisProgram="xmms -p Listfile.m3u &"
> Shell(ThisProgram,App,1)
>
> end
>
> now hangs at Shell() until I close "ThisProgram",
> is there someone who knows how to continue after the Shell() command,
> regardless of weather the program or script has finished? 0.90 does this
> fine...
>
> Regards
> Luke

I have no idea where this code comes from:

Dim App as Object
App = Application[""]
ThisProgram="xmms -p Listfile.m3u &"
Shell(ThisProgram,App,1)

It is not Gambas code !??

In all cases, don't use Shell this way. Use the SHELL instruction instead.

SHELL "xmms -p Listfile.m3u"

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...