[Gambas-user] TextArea.ToLine(x) confusing

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Fri Mar 19 13:05:50 CET 2004

Hi,

I've almost finished my first project with Gambas - absolutely amazing
thing :-)

However, when I wanted to make a function that outputs the text from
TextArea1 to the printer, I found that the TextArea1.ToLine(x) function
does NOT return the line but the paragraph - apparently it is programmed
to count the number of CRs in the text. As long as the TextArea's "Wrap"
is not set to True, this makes sense (every line is a paragraph).

In my case, "Wrap" is set to True, enabling the TextArea to work like a
real text input field and delimiting the line width to the width of the
text area. When you give ToLine the number of the character in the text,
you would expect to have the actual line returned here.

Now, is there a way of having TextArea telling me on what line the
cursor (or printing counter, resp.) is standing, or will I really have
to make a function that recalculates the line wrapping for the printing?

Rolf