[Gambas-user] Return values for gb.db Results

Rich Falconburg wrichf at ...159...
Thu Mar 18 06:52:55 CET 2004

On Wednesday 17 March 2004 8:59 pm, Rob wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 March 2004 20:29, Rich Falconburg wrote:
> >  FWIW I set up a boolean variable and printed it's value to
> > see what was actually coming back.  I got True until it hit
> > the last record and, as expected, it switched to False.  I
> > think the docs may be wrong.
>
> I was wrong, the MoveNext() I was thinking of was the ColumnView
> method, which *does* return false on success, and not the Result
> one.  Sorry :)
>
> However, you or someone may find this helpful (working code, from
> the same program in which I used the Columnview movenext:
>
> ' res is declared as a result object
>
>     DO WHILE res.available
> 	' do stuff with data in res
>       res.movenext
>     LOOP
>
> If you think of .Available as being the opposite of the VB/ADO
> EOF property, it's pretty easy to map your skills over.
>
> Rob

  Ah.  That makes sense.  I do vaguely remember arguing with VB over that one
too.  I've made good progress so far.  The only thing I'm wrestling with now
is a column update.  Seems it's not as forgiving as the create.  For one
thing, I ended up with zeros for my date.  Still working on it.  I've been
delighted at how easy it's been to build a DB frontend with Gambas.  Very
nice and it even looks good ;)

--
Rich Falconburg
wrichf at ...159...