[Gambas-user] Langage module in gambas IDE

ron ronstk at ...239...
Wed Mar 17 12:47:56 CET 2004

Hi Benoit,

I had a look in the gambas IDE code the Language module.

For me there is a strange thing with the 'en' group.
As I'm understanding it right then the declarations are as follows
  i18n have 'en' = USA and  'en_GB' = United Kingdom
  You have  'en' = United Kingdom and 'en_US'=USA

SuSE is using both as I found in some suseconfig files.
'en_US' in SuSE 8.2 KDE 3.1.1 and  'en_GB' in update KDE 3.1.4
May be that is the reason the Help was broken by many users
after this upgrade.
Bug number 61065
------- Additional Comment #3 From Stephan Binner 2003-07-11 00:27 -------
I don't know if anybody cares if only SuSE's documentation is affected. :-)

Some other programs are installing for several languages where the
developer is nice to provide them and use 'en_GB'  or as  'en_US',
dependant on there distribution?

Some help was only in 'en', as default for KDE packages,
other only if  'en_GB' or 'en_US' was chosen.

I suggest to use
  Name["en"]         = ("English (common)")
  Name["en_GB"] = ("English (United Kingdom)")
  Name["en_US"] = ("English (U.S.A.)")
  Name["en_AU"] = ("English (Australia)")
  Name["en_CA"] = ("English (Canada)")

Witch sound more correct  to me, the logic between the braches the specific
for country. Idea?

Ron