[Gambas-user] Return values for gb.db Results

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Mar 18 04:59:26 CET 2004

On Wednesday 17 March 2004 20:29, Rich Falconburg wrote:
>  FWIW I set up a boolean variable and printed it's value to
> see what was actually coming back.  I got True until it hit
> the last record and, as expected, it switched to False.  I
> think the docs may be wrong.

I was wrong, the MoveNext() I was thinking of was the ColumnView
method, which *does* return false on success, and not the Result
one.  Sorry :)

However, you or someone may find this helpful (working code, from
the same program in which I used the Columnview movenext:

' res is declared as a result object

    DO WHILE res.available
	' do stuff with data in res
      res.movenext
    LOOP

If you think of .Available as being the opposite of the VB/ADO
EOF property, it's pretty easy to map your skills over.

Rob