[Gambas-user] mandrake packages for 0.91

ron ronstk at ...239...
Mon Mar 15 22:35:13 CET 2004

On Monday 15 March 2004 06:24, Rob wrote:
> I know, but nonetheless they are Mandrake RPM's, and Mandrake and
> SuSE are about as different as two RPM-based linuxes can be.  At
> any rate, if you just download the src.rpm you should get a spec
> file that works, even if it puts the files in non-SuSE-approved
> places.

I will look at them. i have both src.rpm now.

> Generally speaking, it's a Bad Thing(tm) to build packages as
> root.  But soon "Build RPM..." should be available in the gambas
> IDE and it will set up your home directory appropriately, at
> least in theory ;)

Where did I say as root? I think you determine it from the paths.
I know but in the beginning I installed i.e. gambas from SuSE.
No where to find until I look as root. Looonggg story I don't like to tell
I 'hate' (minicase) them despite I beleave they are not so bad (M$).

> Rob

Ron