[Gambas-user] mandrake packages for 0.91

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Mar 15 06:24:48 CET 2004

On Sunday 14 March 2004 21:27, ron wrote:
> > I'll try to fix that in my apache config, but trying to use
> > kpackage to install my Mandrake RPM's will fail pretty
> > badly,
> I didn't want to install Mandrake, I use SuSE you know :)

I know, but nonetheless they are Mandrake RPM's, and Mandrake and
SuSE are about as different as two RPM-based linuxes can be.  At
any rate, if you just download the src.rpm you should get a spec
file that works, even if it puts the files in non-SuSE-approved
places.

> SuSE has made
> /usr/src/packages/BUILD
> -------------------------/RPMS/ix86
> -------------------------/SOURCES
> -------------------------/SPECS
>
> I have the source in /usr/local/src/gambas-x.xx and when i'm
> right I must use /usr/src/packages/SOURCES/gambas-x.xx
> I must also get the correct curl working with Yast for
> compiling.

Generally speaking, it's a Bad Thing(tm) to build packages as
root.  But soon "Build RPM..." should be available in the gambas
IDE and it will set up your home directory appropriately, at
least in theory ;)

Rob