[Gambas-user] Linux files question and very of gambas topic

Laurent Godard listes.godard at ...11...
Sat Mar 13 16:32:38 CET 2004

Hi ron,
> copy a working script as example with same functionality
> addfiles.sh with permission all set rwxrwxrwx
>
> #! /bin/sh
> # in the above line do I need the space or not ?????????
> cd /data/ham/amsat/received
> myfiles=$(ls *.bin)
>
> for myfile in $myfiles; do
>  cat /data/ham/amsat/received/$myfile > /data/ham/amsat/screen/rpack.bin
>  #rm /data/ham/amsat/received/$myfile
> done
> cd -
sorry, i'm a totally beginner under linux

why writing a loop ?

I would have replace the loop by in single statement like
cat /data/ham/amsat/received/*.bin > /data/ham/amsat/screen/rpack.bin

do i miss something ?

Laurent