[Gambas-user] About kbasic

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Mon Jun 14 16:43:08 CEST 2004

Hi Daniel,

> KBasic is alive again:
> However, this is free software no more :-(

Yes I know... I was involved in the project writing some major parts of
the documentation and translations of the former Website. Everyone
working on it was sad when Bernd suddenly declared he would discontinue
working on the thing and seemed to disappear from the project "due to
personal reasons".

Some guys tried to continue, but nothing really happened until one day
Bernd came up on the still existing mailing list with the news he had
worked on the project all the time for himself and now planned to sell
it "because he had worked so hard on it" and nobody had helped him
anyway. Suddenly it appeared that a lot of people were still on the list
and there was kinda protesting before he switched it off.

So much about KBasic. Well, it was GPL and it is his right to use the
stuff for commercial things, but someone should maybe discuss with him
the name KBasic I think. All the K-stuff (as far as know) is open
source, and now KBasic isn't any longer. I could imagine, the K-team
minds him using this name.

Rolf