[Gambas-user] About kbasic

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Jun 14 16:14:35 CEST 2004

On Monday 14 June 2004 14:48, danielcampos at ...282... wrote:
> KBasic is alive again:
> However, this is free software no more :-(

kbasic hasn't really been relevant for a long time now.... They
claim they'll be 100% syntax compatible with VB6, and that would
be a selling point for some clients of mine as compared to
Gambas, and the price is a drop in the bucket.... but once you
make a Qt development tool that isn't GPL, there are all kinds
of license traps that come into play, and I'll be curious to see
how he deals with them.

I would expect that hbasic will try to get a 1.0 release out
before kbasic starts being sold, and it'd be nice if we could be
out in front there as well.  I can't say I wish kbasic guy any
ill will, because 25 bucks would have been a great price if he
had actually produced this 2 years ago before gambas got off the
ground, but I'm kind of glad he didn't because then gambas might
never have taken off.  I like gambas a lot better than VB at
this point.

Rob