[Gambas-user] why can't I change the lanuage of my gambas ?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Jul 20 23:52:47 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 21 July 2004 01:31, Charlie Reinl wrote:
> Salut,
>
> for long time i ignored the possebillity of gambas to be dissplayed in
> different languages, and within that the IDE (I had pb on my old SuSE 7.2
> with the lib)
> For long time I work now on a gentoo box mostly in english.
> But I'd like to see gambas in german or an other language, but I wanted it
> easy.
> So I dit the following:
> in gambas (the IDE) I added in Project.module in (see the following lines)
>
> PUBLIC SUB Main()
>
>   DIM sPath AS String
>   DIM hGambas AS FGambas
>
>   USE "Util"
>   System.Language="de_DE"   ' ----------------------    only this line
> ------- TMP_FILE = Temp$()
>
> the upper line, and it works very fine.
>
> I have no real reason for aske for that,  but choosing the lanuage is a
> good thing.
> I used that once for a car indentification Software for spear parts, and it
> was used by the sellers to communicate with the buyers who ditn't speak
> german.
> Even if you may find it usless, and a restart is NOT a reboot ;-) I think
> it is easy to make it ...NO
>
> Amicalement
> Charlie

Gambas use the settings located in the LANG, LC_* and LANGUAGES environment
variables. If the current language system is not used by any Gambas program,
then this is a bug.

To help me fixing it, just send me the contents of the previous environment
variables before running the gambas program.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...