[Gambas-user] mysql-user with password over tcp/ip

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Jul 20 20:14:17 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 20 July 2004 19:55, Hans-Martin Bundeshund wrote:
> Salute!
>
> Don't know if this is a gambas-question or a mysql-question...
>
> I mostly tested my app with a mysql-database running local and a user with
> a password. All running well.
>
> I tested 2 times with my notebook running as a mysql-server, created a user
> without using a password (I was too lazy to create the password and edit
> the code too). All run well.
>
> Now I created a user on this server with a password. No connection allowed
> from the client-side.
>
> MySQLCC runs well with this user and his password from my client. What I am
> doing wrong?
>
> regards,
>
> HM

Did you type "info:mysql" in Konqueror ?

More precisely, on mysql, user notion and host notion are mixed, i.e. you
create only a user for a particular host.

Look at the screenshot: there is a root user for localhost and a root user for
localhost.localdomain. So you can connect as root only from these two hosts.

All that is well explained in the mysql info documentation...

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...