[Gambas-user] mysql-user with password over tcp/ip

Hans-Martin Bundeshund bundeshund at ...467...
Tue Jul 20 20:55:06 CEST 2004

Am Dienstag, 20. Juli 2004 20:14 schrieb Benoit Minisini:
> On Tuesday 20 July 2004 19:55, Hans-Martin Bundeshund wrote:
> > Salute!
> >
> > Don't know if this is a gambas-question or a mysql-question...
> >
> > I mostly tested my app with a mysql-database running local and a user
> > with a password. All running well.
> >
> > I tested 2 times with my notebook running as a mysql-server, created a
> > user without using a password (I was too lazy to create the password and
> > edit the code too). All run well.
> >
> > Now I created a user on this server with a password. No connection
> > allowed from the client-side.
> >
> > MySQLCC runs well with this user and his password from my client. What I
> > am doing wrong?
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > HM
>
> Did you type "info:mysql" in Konqueror ?
>
> More precisely, on mysql, user notion and host notion are mixed, i.e. you
> create only a user for a particular host.

Thanks, and yes, I know. I can easy edit the users password (not the
host-entry) with mysqlcc from my client by just blanking the password-filed
(only to be sure that _not_ the host-entry is the missing link, I don't
change this entry). With a password is set, I can connect to/with this user
to the server-db using mysqlcc, but not with gambas, all from the client-pc.
Without setting the password, I can connect with all (gambas and of corse
mysqlcc from the client-pc)

> Look at the screenshot: there is a root user for localhost and a root user
> for localhost.localdomain. So you can connect as root only from these two
> hosts.
>
> All that is well explained in the mysql info documentation...

Yes, thanks again, but I guess this is not the problem here, because I can
connect using mysqlcc from my client, so the host-spezification has to be
right, if I am not thinking wrong.

Grrr, my girlfriend now needs the notebook for surfing the web. And she uses
_windows_ (brrr).  So I test it with the gambas-database-manager tomorrow.

> Regards,

HM