[Gambas-user] Help!! (FTP LIST)

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Feb 12 10:21:06 CET 2004

On Thursday 12 February 2004 12:35, danielcampos at ...282... wrote:
> Hi all:
>

> Currently I'm working on the FtpClient, in the
> 'List' or 'Dir' command, (as you want to call it),
> and I don't want to use the NLIST option, as It
> provides few information, so I use the LIST large
> format to list files, parsing then the information
> received to extract names, date and time, lenghts, etc.
>
>  By now, it can parse the common Unix format:
>

> drwxrw-rw-  1  ftp  ftp    17   Jan 14   16:37  file.txt
>

>  And the Windows format:
>

> 05-01-03   06:04PM    <DIR>        DirName

Wow! I don't know FTP, but I'm amaze that a command does not return a standard
format!

> But I know there are at least three well-known common formats:
>
> VLM, Novell, AnonFTPD
>

> However, I don't remember Novell format (I worked with it
> a long time ago), and I've never see the VLM and AnonFTPD
> formats.
>
> Could anybody send me examples of files and directories (I need
> both) listed in that formats?
>
> If anybody knows any other format, should also send some
> examples to me, so I can support them
>
> I can't find any example in Internet!

They are well known, but not by Internet ?? Incredible :-)

Effectively, when you type "VLM LIST ftp" in google, you don't find a lot of
things :-(

Maybe you can look in the source when it is possible ? If there is no source,
don't implement the format :-)

> Regards,
>
> Daniel Campos

Benoit Minisini