[Gambas-user] Read/Play WAV files with precision

slainer.666 slainer.666 at ...357...
Mon Feb 9 11:57:18 CET 2004

Hi all,

I've just discovered gambas and really thinks this is a great
software.
I think there are a lot of windows developpers that are used
to Windows IDE like VB or Borland Delphi/C Builder and are
lost when it comes to write rapidly small GUI in Linux.

My question :

I would like to write a small subtitle editor and I would like
to have your opinion if this is possible to do in Gambas or if
I'm too optimistic (I think =_=).

My application should be able to play WAV files with a good
precision, as it is a subtitle editor, the application should
be able to open a WAV file and read it from
X to Y where X and Y are given in milliseconds, in order to do
WAV timing.

I would like to know what I should do/read/use in order to do
this (Open WAV files, read WAV files with precision, etc...).

Thanks a lot !

Nicolas.