[Gambas-user] Read/Play WAV files with precision

ron ronstk at ...239...
Mon Feb 9 12:13:46 CET 2004

On Monday 09 February 2004 11:57, slainer\.666 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just discovered gambas and really thinks this is a great
> software.
> I think there are a lot of windows developpers that are used
> to Windows IDE like VB or Borland Delphi/C Builder and are
> lost when it comes to write rapidly small GUI in Linux.
>
> My question :
>
> I would like to write a small subtitle editor and I would like
> to have your opinion if this is possible to do in Gambas or if
> I'm too optimistic (I think =_=).

I wonder if this can't be done, it is simple text.

> My application should be able to play WAV files with a good
> precision, as it is a subtitle editor, the application should
> be able to open a WAV file and read it from
> X to Y where X and Y are given in milliseconds, in order to do
> WAV timing.

In the current version with the SDL component you can't set
position as start and end. For the file type of WAV I don't know.

> I would like to know what I should do/read/use in order to do
> this (Open WAV files, read WAV files with precision, etc...).
>
> Thanks a lot !
>
> Nicolas.
>

> Accédez au courrier électronique de La Poste : www.laposte.net ;
> 3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34€/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)

Your application will be of a real time one.
I'm afraid Gambas is not well for this kind of programs yet but who nows.
Maybe the SDL component grows to handle this kind of actions in the future.

Ron