[Gambas-user] DB compatible to SQL Server 2000

ron ronstk at ...239...
Mon Aug 30 10:45:36 CEST 2004

On Monday 30 August 2004 10:05, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Monday 30 August 2004 03:54, Iwan Prasetyo wrote:
> > Dear milis,
> >
> > Could it be possible if I request for DB compatible for SQL Server 2000?
> > It would be easier and painless to develop app using gambas in transition
> > time from Windows to Linux.
> >
> > (cos I can't connect my VB app to postgreSQL)
> >
> > Thx in advance and sorry if OOT:)
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Iwan Prasetyo
> > ----------------------
> >

> I think the simpler way to connect ODBC databases is what Edward Hsu suggested
> a few days ago: http://odbtp.sourceforge.net
>
> The only problem with ODBC and this library is finding good documentation
> about ODBC catalog requests, which allows me reading database metadata
> (tables, fields, indexes). The Gambas database driver needs that!
>
> Regards,

May be you can use the AdoDB in PHP as a example to
get support for all kinds of DB's.
After all it is doing the same as we need in gambas for php.

Even more interesting a interface to the AdoDB class
That way you do not have to write new support for the
different db's but only on one interface, the gb.AdoDB.

I got several years back the ODBC developres kit.
Didn't see it now for long time.
It contains a quicktest program using mutch of the
sql commands. Source in C to build and execute them
to test the ODBC function of the driver works.