[Gambas-user] DB compatible to SQL Server 2000

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Aug 30 10:41:56 CEST 2004

On Monday 30 August 2004 10:33, Nigel Gerrard wrote:
> Benoit,
>
> Just to let you know, I am currently looking at connecting to db2 and
> seeing if it is possible to use odbc to produce everything that is needed
> in the gambas driver.  In theory, if it works for DB2 it should work for
> all ODBC enabled databases. (Although saying that, I am currently using
> odbc 3.0).
>
> I will keep you posted - of course I may fail :-)
>

> Nigel

Really, look at http://odbtp.sourceforge.net/. There is a program to install
on the windows server, nothing to install on the Linux clients, and you can
use any ODBC databases on the server (MSSQL Server, DB2, Access, Excel, ...)

This library seems simpler to program than ODBC. But this needs a change in
the database component, so that it deals with the fact that some drivers
don't allow changing the database schema.

Write me on the devel mailing-list if you are more questions.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...

P.S.: I fixed some things in the sqlite driver, I will release them in 0.99.
Tell me if you want them now.