[Gambas-user] Font rotation?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Apr 14 21:11:18 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 14 April 2004 16:13, ron wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 April 2004 14:15, danielcampos at ...282... wrote:
> > >DIM hPict AS New Picture(256, 64)
> > >
> > >hPict.Fill(Color.White)
> > >Draw.Begin(hPict)
> > >Draw.Text("MyText", 0, 0, 256, 64)
> > >Draw.End
> > >hPict = hPict.Rotate(90)
> >
> > Mmmh... yes, this is cleaner :-)
>
> I belive to
> Where on the form can you see it.?
>
> DIM hPict AS New Picture(256, 64) ' on what as parent ?
> the line gives a syntax error here
> in help are the argument even not given as possible.
> Again a undocumented feature. :)

I mean:

DIM hPict AS Picture
hPict = NEW Picture(256, 64)

You must use a recent gambas version.

Picture has no parent. It is not a control.

The documentation is NOT up to date. I'm currently working on this problem,
but I'm very busy. Read the Changelog file to get information.

> hPict = hPict.Rotate(90)
> unknown symbol Rotate in class Picture
>
> with these two lines it is not importand the middle part works.
>
> Picture
> This class represents :
> A Pixmap, i.e. an bitmap located on the X server memory.
> An Image, i.e. a bitmap located on the X client memory.
> A Metafile, i.e. a vectorized drawing.

It is not true since gambas 0.83. See the Changelog :-)

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...