[Gambas-user] Font rotation?

ron ronstk at ...239...
Wed Apr 14 16:13:24 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 14 April 2004 14:15, danielcampos at ...282... wrote:
> >DIM hPict AS New Picture(256, 64)
> >
> >hPict.Fill(Color.White)
> >Draw.Begin(hPict)
> >Draw.Text("MyText", 0, 0, 256, 64)
> >Draw.End
> >hPict = hPict.Rotate(90)
>
> Mmmh... yes, this is cleaner :-)

I belive to
Where on the form can you see it.?

DIM hPict AS New Picture(256, 64) ' on what as parent ?
the line gives a syntax error here
in help are the argument even not given as possible.
Again a undocumented feature. :)

hPict = hPict.Rotate(90)
unknown symbol Rotate in class Picture

with these two lines it is not importand the middle part works.

Picture
This class represents :
A Pixmap, i.e. an bitmap located on the X server memory.
An Image, i.e. a bitmap located on the X client memory.
A Metafile, i.e. a vectorized drawing.

When I'm right you must have a PictureBox on your form
and the last line must be
  PictureBox1.Picture = hPict.Rotate(90)
and this should the also not work. :(
So it is very clean indeed.

Sorry but the example does not work here.
My gues in working situation is not so bad at all
=================================
> > I gues
> >
> > dim pict as picture
> > dim img as image
> >
> > label1.text="mytext"
> >
> > pict = label1.grab
> > image.picture = pict
> > 'or
> > image.picture = label1.grab
> >
> > image.rotate(90) ' help is broken here
this was the only major miss I could not see

> > 'somewhere else in th help
> > 'Function Rotate(angle AS float) as picture
> >
> > 'use a picture box vertical
> > picturebox1.picture=image.picture

but i'm sure you should get it working

And here as it works for me taken from the trial
=================================
PUBLIC SUB Button1_Click()
  DIM hPicture AS NEW Picture
  DIM hImage AS NEW image

  hPicture =label1.Grab() '<-- this returns picture
  hImage = hPicture.Image ' copy picture to image
  hImage = hImage.Rotate(90.0) '<-- this returns picture '

  picturebox1.picture= hImage.Picture ' result was 90 degree
END

=================================
My trail program follws below.
Help is very misleading in this project  :-(

PUBLIC SUB Button1_Click()

DIM hPicture AS NEW Picture '()
'regarding the help example but with () i get error

DIM hImage AS NEW image

label1.text="mytext"

'Control.Grab
' FUNCTION Grab() AS Picture

IF 11=22 THEN

    hPicture =label1.Grab() '<-- this returns picture

'somewhere else in th help
'Function Rotate(angle AS float) as picture

'Image
'  This control IS a label that shows a picture.
'  hImage = NEW Image ( Parent AS Container )
' and support Rotate

    hImage = hPicture.Image ' copy picture to image
' it works but i do not how

'image.picture
'  Picture
'  Returns OR sets the picture displayed IN the control.
'  PROPERTY Picture AS Picture

'hImage.Picture = hImage.Rotate(90.0) '<-- this returns picture
' due i get picture I must use hImage.Picture
' and hImage.Picture is READ only as error

    hImage = hImage.Rotate(90.0) '<-- this returns picture '
' works but should give error?

ELSE
' second trial

'hImage is now image type?

'   hImage = label1.grab()'<-- this returns picture
' wanted image but got picture instead.
' so try

'   hImage.picture = label1.grab()'<-- this returns picture
' and hImage.Picture is READ only as error

' only
    hPicture =label1.Grab() '<-- this returns picture
' seems to work

'can only rotate on image
    hImage=hPicture.Image 'does it

'image.rotate(90) ' help is broken here
'  somewhere else in the help
'  Function Rotate(angle AS float) as picture

'hPicture.Picture =hImage.Rotate(90.0) '<-- this returns picture
'how here it IS here a image ?
'wanted pictuere got image instead ??

'   hPicture =hImage.Rotate(90.0)
' wanted picture, got image instead ? it is a picture!

'   hPicture.Image =hImage.Rotate(90.0)
' hPicture.Image is READ only ??
' help is broken her so I can't see

    hImage = hImage.Rotate(90.0) '<-- this returns picture
' and here it does it very well
' a picture in a image
' hImage is now picture type?

ENDIF

'use a picturebox vertical
picturebox1.picture= hImage.Picture ' result was form1 90 degree

'picturebox1.picture = hPicture
 ' result was form1 no rotate

'picturebox1.picture= hImage.rotate(45.0)
 ' result in error

picturebox1.picture= hPicture.rotate(45.0)
' result error unknow rotate in pictureclass

picturebox1.picture= hPicture.Image.Rotate(45.0)
'wanted picture got image.

END