[Gambas-user] Font rotation?

ron ronstk at ...239...
Wed Apr 14 22:37:50 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 14 April 2004 21:11, Benoit Minisini wrote:

> > > Mmmh... yes, this is cleaner :-)
> >
> > I belive to
> > Where on the form can you see it.?
> >
> > DIM hPict AS New Picture(256, 64) ' on what as parent ?
> > the line gives a syntax error here
> > in help are the argument even not given as possible.
> > Again a undocumented feature. :)
>
> I mean:
>
> DIM hPict AS Picture
> hPict = NEW Picture(256, 64)
ok works :)

> You must use a recent gambas version.
0.92 with the patch for TabStrip
Full new compile and install done.

 hPict = hPict.Rotate(90)
got error Rotate not in picture class

sorry but I can only put and rotate in/with a image object
	DIM hImage AS NEW image
	hImage = hPict.Image
   	hImage = hImage.Rotate(90.0)

or is 0.92a more then TabStrip?

> Picture has no parent. It is not a control.
Ok so it is a memory space
how do I see it then ?

picturebox1.picture= hImage.Picture
now I see something

The example you would give should be then

	DIM hPict AS Picture
	DIM hImage AS NEW image

	hPict = NEW Picture(256, 64)
	hPict.Fill(Color.White)

	Draw.Begin(hPict)
	Draw.Text("MyText", 0, 0, 256, 64)
	Draw.End

	hImage = hPict.Image
   	hImage = hImage.Rotate(90.0)

	PictureBox1.Picture= hImage.Picture

And yes the draw is more powerfull
but the question was a label vertical and that is what I made.

> The documentation is NOT up to date. I'm currently working on this problem,
> but I'm very busy. Read the Changelog file to get information.
I try to help but direct edit of the pages is difficult, they are a bit
cryptic for me and I can't get RCS working so the web edit does also not
function. The configuration here sux by me personaly as source :(
Online has delay problems with big edit jobs, you told Rob.

For the changelog:
I know Benoit, but new starters trust may be the help to much and forget the
changelog. Maybe the change log also in the help as page can help.

---------- Sorry but this one works for me
PUBLIC SUB Button2_Click()

  DIM hPicture AS Picture
  DIM hImage AS image

  label1.text="mytext"

  hPicture = label1.Grab()
  hImage   = hPicture.Image
  hImage   = hImage.Rotate(90.0)

  picturebox1.picture= hImage.Picture

END

I just found one strange thing
The first click on button 2 show 'Label1'  vertical
the second click shows 'mytext' vertikal ???

Interesting project is this.

Ron