[Gambas-user] Printing

Fabien Gambasfr at ...11...
Mon May 26 15:21:35 CEST 2003

Le Lundi 26 Mai 2003 09:35, Radoslav Dejanovic a écrit :
> On Saturday 24 May 2003 02:23 am, Ken Schrock wrote:
> > There is a massive need for cross platform development tools
> > The market for a simple, effective, cross platform tool is obvious
> > (I have Kylix, Delphi, VB, Glade, Forte, perl, tcl, none of them do it)
>
> And to add some salt to the injury, my company is focused on Linux/Unix
> solutions, yet it is the Windows people who do not complain much about the
> support price. :) Being in need to develop some lite marketing software for
> both Linux and Windows, I've run across Runtime Revolution
> (www.runrev.com), which offer quite nice RAD that can compile for Windows,
> Mac OS X (and less), Linux and many other flavours of Unix. I would really
> like if some easy tool like Gambas could produce binaries for Linux, Mac OS
> X and Windows. But perhaps we should wait for Gambas to get some maturity
> on Linux platform first, before migrating to other platforms?

Hi

I'm really agree with you. Befor all Gambas is a tool for Unix... After, we
can easily make a cross to MacOSX because it's an unix clone.

For windows... hem ... it's not really the same but we will see.

For the first time, we really need your help, and a professionnal help, if we
want to make gambas as a usefull tool. We need, help for the lib making, qt,
and socket and gtk+. So we need c++ and c Develloper who want to have a
simple and speedy tool.

(hem and french traducer.... To help me in the help traduction !)

Because Gambas is, before all a console tool.
I think the first idea of the gambas parents is make a free linguage,
independent off all integration system.
Actually we can use gambas with qt, but we cant use gambas sole

That's the power of gambas and thats the power of unix too !

hem ... have you understand me ?

Fabien Bodard