[Gambas-user] define a startup class?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Tue May 20 09:21:07 CEST 2003

Le Lundi 19 Mai 2003 22:03, Jean-Francois Perreault a écrit :
> I've done a lot of amateur VB work before and I never realised that form
> created in the IDE
> were in fact classes I though there were unique objects

He He ! (it is the same thing in VB, but is badly hidden)

> while I never use classes and never reuse code , but I'd rather know
> about this than have the IDE hide this from me
> the IDE could insert the form instanciation and .show lines on the form
> selected as startup form and that would be fine for "F5 users"
> and that would be fine for users who want control

You are right, it could be a solution.

> one more thing , I understand that a gambas program running in a
> interpreter is going to be slow , but how fast is it going to be when
> compiled
> compared to a gcc 3.2 C program ? is that going to be about the same
> thing or way slower ?

It depends. It is far slower than a C program to make loops and computing. It
is slower for making string handling, or file reading. It is a bit slower to
make GUI. But all gambas is enough fast to make an useful IDE. And if you
need speed, you can write a component in C.

> the first thing I'm going to do when I get gambas working is I'm going
> to make a CallerID reader deamon , with a client interface that run on
> many computers

Hmmm... Maybe you need the network component that will be done one day.

--
Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...