[Gambas-user] define a startup class?

Nikolaos Dionysopoulos nikosdion at ...146...
Tue May 20 17:45:58 CEST 2003

Στις 19/Μάι/2003, ημέρα Δευτέρα και ώρα 23:03, ο/η Jean-Francois
Perreault έγραψε:

[snip]

> the first thing I'm going to do when I get gambas working is I'm going
> to make a CallerID reader deamon , with a client interface that run on
> many computers

Tough luck. That's exactly what I tried to build a couple of weeks ago,
but there isn't an - obvious - way for opening the modem device for
read/write. I thought about opening for write, send command, closing,
opening for read and reading response, but the response was never
captured by my program. Opening two devices didn't help me either :(

You could always interface an external modem chat program (such as chat)
to send your initial commands to the modem, but I don't consider this
good practice.

Any ideas, somebody?