[Gambas-user] define a startup class?

Jean-Francois Perreault cmcpero at ...142...
Mon May 19 22:03:40 CEST 2003

I've done a lot of amateur VB work before and I never realised that form
created in the IDE
were in fact classes I though there were unique objects

while I never use classes and never reuse code , but I'd rather know
about this than have the IDE hide this from me
the IDE could insert the form instanciation and .show lines on the form
selected as startup form and that would be fine for "F5 users"
and that would be fine for users who want control

one more thing , I understand that a gambas program running in a
interpreter is going to be slow , but how fast is it going to be when
compiled
compared to a gcc 3.2 C program ? is that going to be about the same
thing or way slower ?

the first thing I'm going to do when I get gambas working is I'm going
to make a CallerID reader deamon , with a client interface that run on
many computers

--
Jean-Francois Perreault

UIN 783056