[Gambas-user] Error installing gambas on 3x gentoo-x86 stations

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...2...
Thu May 15 21:18:40 CEST 2003

Le Jeudi 15 Mai 2003 18:34, Jean-Francois Perreault a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> After I tried installing gambas on my Ultra10 I tried on a more
> conventionnal platform
> but all three systems I tried give me the same error during the make
> install phase
> (I tried with --with-kde-libraries=/usr/kde/3.1/lib
> --with-kde-includes=/usr/kde/3.1/include --disable-pgsgl-driver
> --disable-mysql-driver and without --disable-mysql-driver)
>
> I always get this
>

> Making symbolic links in /usr/bin...
>

> Compiling and installing the development environment...
>
> Compiling gambas...
>
> OK
>
> Compiling gambas-database-manager...
>
> OK
>

> Creating the library info files...
>
> /opt/gambas/lib/info/gb.info
>
> /opt/gambas/lib/info/gb.eval.info
>
> /opt/gambas/lib/info/gb.example.info
>
> /opt/gambas/lib/info/gb.db.info
>
> /opt/gambas/lib/info/gb.qt.editor.info
>
> /opt/gambas/lib/info/gb.qt.ext.info
>
> make[2]: *** [install-exec-local] Segmentation fault
>
> make[2]: Leaving directory /root/gambas-0.56'
>
> make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
>
> make[1]: Leaving directory /root/gambas-0.56'
>
> make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
>

> my uninformed guess is that's it's a problem with texinfo .info files or
> something related to the documentation maybe ?
> anyone can shed a light on this , I'd really like to give gambas a try !

Hi Jean-François,

Some works were made to make Gambas compiling on Solaris, but the work to
manage CPU endianness is not terminated, so the crash on Sparc is absolutely
normal.

As for this crash with .info file, I think it is the sea serpent of
incompatibility between KDE malloc and GLibc malloc. I'm going to see if I
can do something.

Note: info is nothing to do woth texinfo, it is only files containing the
description of a component. You can open it with a text editor to see what it
contains.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...