[Gambas-user] Error installing gambas on 3x gentoo-x86 stations

Jean-Francois Perreault cmcpero at ...142...
Thu May 15 18:34:39 CEST 2003

Hi,

After I tried installing gambas on my Ultra10 I tried on a more
conventionnal platform
but all three systems I tried give me the same error during the make
install phase
(I tried with --with-kde-libraries=/usr/kde/3.1/lib
--with-kde-includes=/usr/kde/3.1/include --disable-pgsgl-driver
--disable-mysql-driver and without --disable-mysql-driver)

I always get this

Making symbolic links in /usr/bin...

Compiling and installing the development environment...

Compiling gambas...

OK

Compiling gambas-database-manager...

OK

Creating the library info files...

/opt/gambas/lib/info/gb.info

/opt/gambas/lib/info/gb.eval.info

/opt/gambas/lib/info/gb.example.info

/opt/gambas/lib/info/gb.db.info

/opt/gambas/lib/info/gb.qt.editor.info

/opt/gambas/lib/info/gb.qt.ext.info

make[2]: *** [install-exec-local] Segmentation fault

make[2]: Leaving directory /root/gambas-0.56'

make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory /root/gambas-0.56'

make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

my uninformed guess is that's it's a problem with texinfo .info files or
something related to the documentation maybe ?
anyone can shed a light on this , I'd really like to give gambas a try !

--
Jean-Francois Perreault

UIN 783056
cmcpero at ...142...