[Gambas-user] non gui possibilities

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Mar 14 13:27:37 CET 2003

Le Jeudi 13 Mars 2003 22:47, Jochen Georges a écrit :
> hello gambaistis,
>
> question 1:
> can i write gambas programs without gui?

YES ! Wasn't it clear on the web site ?

Just uncheck the component gb.qt in the project properties dialog, and do not
add forms to your project.

> question 2:
> can i write gambas-programs (with different options), which could
> be controlled/executed by the shell?
> like this :
> jochen at ...23...:~$  my-gambas-program --option_bla | something_else

Yes !! See Applications.Args[] and Applications.Args.Count. You can test your
program by specifying arguments in the Arguments field of the project
properties dialog.

> i ask, because i think that one advance of most of the gnu/linux
> programs is, that they can be controlled/executed by the shell
> (which is a assumption for using the program in shellscripts!!!)
> _and_ by gui.
> like cdrecord, i can use cdrecord with shellcommands and i can use
> a gui-program like xcdroast, which is a
> frontend/"gui-remote-control" for cdrecod.
>
> i tried different ways, but i was not lucky.
>
> thanks for any hint.
>
> beste gruesse
> jochen

Benoît Minisini