[Gambas-user] non gui possibilities

Charlie karl.reinl at ...9...
Fri Mar 14 21:46:04 CET 2003

Jochen Georges schrieb:

>hello gambaistis,
>
>question 1:
>can i write gambas programs without gui?
>
>question 2:
>can i write gambas-programs (with different options), which could
>be controlled/executed by the shell?
>like this :
>jochen at ...23...:~$  my-gambas-program --option_bla | something_else
>
>i ask, because i think that one advance of most of the gnu/linux
>programs is, that they can be controlled/executed by the shell
>(which is a assumption for using the program in shellscripts!!!)
>_and_ by gui.
>like cdrecord, i can use cdrecord with shellcommands and i can use
>a gui-program like xcdroast, which is a
>frontend/"gui-remote-control" for cdrecod.
>
>i tried different ways, but i was not lucky.
>
>thanks for any hint.
>
>beste gruesse
>jochen

Salut Jochen,

for 1 Benoit dit it.

for 2 I never tried it.

But for all, what you talke about. Is not the advanced way of gnu/linux
that it can be
used with shell commands and by a GUI.
It is the concept by him self (MS ditn't anderstand this and killed DOS).
You have a none GUI envirement and programms which needs parameters.
Take a GUI , write a program who passe parameters by calling this program.
Thats also  Gnu/Linux.
Look at what I dit the last two month, starting with  TomySql , LinDiff
, LinPatch or targamb.
All only Gui interfaces who makes shell calls, after collection by the
ease of the Gui his parameters.

X-cdroast makes the same, and controles the parameters passed to the
program and has some nice additional
features more.

You can give an ordenary hammer a gui
Attache him on the cdrom.
Write a gui-program to eject and close the cdrom.
You have a X-Hammer.
Now if you detache the hammer, you can use him.
Or you place your computer in the right possition and fix the hammer on
the cdrom and click to 'EJECT' and 'CLOSE'

Attention:
This idea is protected by international law,
and CAN NOT be used by the Iraquien Terrorists
without punishment by the goverment of the USA, even without the OK of
the UN
because germany, the country I live in, has signed all contracts nessecery
to be on the side of the GOOD's.

So we do not deliver dangerous armes to the BAD.

amicalement
Charlie