[Gambas-user] Gambas fundation ?

Charlie karl.reinl at ...9...
Tue Aug 5 21:45:49 CEST 2003

Benoit Minisini schrieb:

>Le Lundi 4 Août 2003 23:31, Nelson Ferraz a écrit :
>

>>>I want to create a sort of Gambas fundation to collect gifts.
>>>

>>Will it be a real non-profit organization or an informal one?
>>

>It will be a non-profit organization. If I want to make profit, I make my own
>company without disturbing people. :-)
>
>It will be informal at the beginning, because creating a non-profit
>association in France takes three months, needs a president and a treasurer,
>needs a board of directors, and I don't know how non-French people can
>subscribe to the association.
>
>If the gifts become important, I think I will be obliged to create a formal
>structure, but at the moment, I think simpler is better.
>

>>>Many people help Gambas by providing code, translations, Wiki server,
>>>help, etc... Giving money (a little) could be a way for people without
>>>technical skills to help the project.
>>>

>>Some companies could donate significant amounts if they could deduce
>>that from their taxes; other companies could donate equipament and
>>services.
>>

>In France, I need to create a non-profit association (1901 law) that must be
>officially recognized by the government. Elsewhere, the gifts cannot be
>deduced from the taxes. And to be recognized, such an association must exist
>from at least 5 years (I think), and must have an important budget and number
>of members !

If it is this old 'Loi 1901'.
Everybody, even NON-French and none living in France, can be member, by
getting a member-card.
 ( this was so till 1991 (till this time  I ran one with friends in
Ariége)).

How to get a member-card, depents of the association.

But I'm not shure that a project like gambas will have a chance, to
become  'public interests' whats the base of 'loi 1901'.
But times changes and why shouldn't do that 'public interests'.

After if you have a  association, with a minimum off three
administrative members (it is possible with two) .
For administration, the same statue as for members,   NON-French and
none living in France is possible.

But you must have once a year a administative- meeting and a meeting
with all members of the association (must be inventied and not all there).

At this time, the administrative-election is usual.

But you also can aske for help at http://www.gnuhh.org/ President of the
Free Software Foundation Europe <http://fsfeurope.org>

>>>For example, I could use the gifts to do the following :
>>>
>>>- Buying VMWare.
>>>- Buying an ADSL access, so that I can download the last version of any
>>>distributions. (I have a 56K modem)
>>>- Buying SuSE 8.2, or other distributions I can't download.

Not that I'm still a fan off SuSE, but you can download at :
http://www.suse.de/en/private/download/index.html